Manuscripts are accepted for review with the understanding that the same paper has not been published and is not being considered for publication by other journals. Every submitted paper will be acknowledged and refereed. Once a paper is accepted for publication in the Journal of the Ramanujan Mathematical Society, the author is assumed to have transferred the copyright to RMS. There is no page charge.
Choosing the right Subject
File Naming Guidelines
The title of your paper should be the name of your file without the whitespaces and special characters. Refer examples provided here:
1. Title: Domination in Graphoidal covers of a graph. FileName: DominationInGraphoidalCoversOfAGraph.pdf, DominationInGraphoidalCoversOfAGraph.tex
2. Title: On p^2 si-graphs. FileName: OnP2Sigraphs.pdf, OnP2Sigraphs.tex
3. Title: Interesting properties of a domination matrix. FileName: InterestingPropertiesOfADominationMatrix.pdf, InterestingPropertiesOfADominationMatrix.tex
Paper already Accepted?
Your acceptance letter can be downloaded from HERE. Give it a fortnight after you have received the formal acceptance email.
Not sure if your paper will be accepted?
This will be a question in every young researchers mind. Here are a few tips that can help you increase your rate of success.
1. Any paper must have an abstract. An abstract helps the reviewer to gauge the depth and breadth of the paper he is going to review. A good abstract attracts the attention of the reviewer and also guides him on what is being taken up in detail. A good abstract is the first step to success.
2. The paper must be well written. Spell checker must be used to remove all spelling errors and grammatical mistakes should be avoided.
3. The background of the research in terms of its importance to the field of study should be brought out in the first section of the paper.
4. The paper must be concise, to the point but elaborate on the topic of research in-depth. The depth of the paper as well as the impact of the research to current knowledge are critical markers for the acceptance of the paper.
5. References must be provided to existing research diligently, since the omission of this aspect only points to the fact that the author has not done background work sufficiently, or worse still, of the author not acknowledging the work previously carried out in the field by fellow researchers.
6. Subscribe to the latest electronic version of the journal to know its length and breadth. Awareness helps in determining if your paper, when it is written, would be suitable to be submitted to the journal. JRMS can be subscribed online from HERE.
7. JRMS encourages young mathematics researchers in India to submit their papers to JRMS. JRMS is an internationally accredited journal which is also listed in the Thomson Reuters Science Citation Index. Its readership has spread around the world since it started in 1986.
8. All papers recently published are listed HERE. It will be a good starting point to go through their titles.